"Vigilantes,"collateral damage" in Spam wars au

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Wed Sep 4 21:32:35 PDT 2002

http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/security/story/0,2000024985,20267974,00.htm
Govt sites blocked cant be all bad.
Wireless broadband for greater Sydney?
http://www.zdnet.com.au/newstech/communications/story/0,2000024993,20267945,00.htm
Apster Beta in reigon? First, we all know that these computer systems come
out, and has there ever been one that was perfect? I don't think so. That's
why you have betas.
Why would someone who is breaking the law pay any attention to the law?
It's so difficult to catch 'em. You just wonder what the effect would be.
Good people who obey laws probably don't send out a whole lot of APster
bets. Bad people who like to rip people up probably won't pay a lot of
attention to the law, since they'll do it anyway.