Guilty till proven innocent.State P.I.Gs get seizures.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Wed Sep 4 19:30:06 PDT 2002

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,5035336%255E661,00.html
"STREET level drug dealers, car thieves, burglars, abalone poachers,
standover merchants and blackmailers face losing all their assets under new
seizure laws.

Criminals' assets will be frozen upon or before arrest and automatically
forfeited after conviction.
And police will be able to sell possessions likely to depreciate in value,
such as luxury cars and boats, even before their owners appear in court.
After conviction it will be up to the criminals to prove they legally
obtained the seized assets, rather than for police to prove they were the
proceeds of crime.
They will lose everything they own, from houses right down to watches and
clothes, unless they can prove lawful acquisition Police Minister Andre
Haermeyer yesterday defended the reversal of the usual onus of proof as
necessary to hit criminals where it hurt most – in their hip pockets."
"police had been foiled in seizing some criminals' assets because of the
speed with which money could be moved on the Internet."
MORE ON
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,5035014%255E661,00.html
Corrupt P.I.Gs prove they cant be trusted.