Charges against Indymedia centre dropped!

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Mon Sep 2 08:05:25 PDT 2002

District attorneyship of Zurich, Switzerland, decided for suspension of
legal charges by Aktion Kinder des Holocaust against Independent Media
Center for publishing "We are all Palestinians" cartoon series, where a
Warsaw Ghetto-era boy is depicted saying "I am Palestinian". According
AKdH's spokesman, Samuel Althoff, cartoon is "anti-Semitic" and "stands for
the extermination of the Jewish people and the State of Israel."
Author, Brazilian cartoonist Latuff, published on IMC Switerland and around
the Web a cartoon series in order to promote International Campaign for
Justice for the Victims of Sabra & Shatila, comparing the suffering of
Palestinians to various oppressed people in history.
MORE ON
http://www.infoshop.org/inews/stories.php?story=02/09/02/8359050
Indy Swiss and Holland have frontline experience now fighting free speech
repression.In Holland the right to link is under threat.