Oxymorons R us- Australian Intelligence.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Sun Sep 1 07:15:02 PDT 2002

The Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS) Disclaimer
The Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS). Disclaimer. Please
do not enter the web pages of the Australian Secret Intelligence ...
Oh go on...be a devil...
http://www.asis.gov.au/
ASIS was formed in 1952 but the organisation was not publicly acknowledged
until 1977
Maybe because it was first called ASS.Aussie secret service.The I was added
later for some weird reason.Maybe they were embarrassed about being set up
with major input from a spy,Charles Ellis,who gave the nazi's the entire
battle order of England in1940.
He may have spied for the Russkies when they were at their most evil
too.Guess youd want to keep that secret as long as you could.
1977. At that time the Prime Minister stated to Parliament that 'ASIS'
capacity to serve Australia's national interest will continue to depend on
its activities being fully protected by secrecy.'
Well wouldn't you if the CIA's,"our man Kerr,"had placed you there as PM in
a coup?
"They have a terrific sense of humour down there in OzzieLand."
W.Colby.Nugan Hand.director.
ASIS is not a police or law enforcement agency. It is prohibited by law
from planning for, or undertaking, paramilitary activities involving
violence against the person or the use of weapons.
"Cept when training eh boys!" Hahaha!
http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/lcj/wayward/ch8.html
Theres heaps more but I just started so Ill post this now before I get shot
or something.