What is the truth of the anti war rallys?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Oct 27 16:59:03 PST 2002

    --
Supposedly tens of thousands turned up, forty two thousand in
San Francisco

Yet oddly, the photos of marches that I see look more like
forty in San Francisco, and four hundred in Washington.

Perhaps there were a lot more out of frame, but that is an odd
way to photograph a demonstration.

Does anyone know the truth from his own eyes, or a more
complete set of images?  At least some newspapers are reporting
"hundreds" or four hundred in Washington, while others are
reporting eighty thousand, an number curiously different from
four hundred.  However it seems that all papers are reporting
forty two thousand in San Francisco.

The inconsistency in the reports from Washington incline me to
doubt the reports from San Francisco, but of course there is a
plentiful supply of liars on both sides of the fence.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     XvyryuYS+vBllOZxJ4VX58iglXFp7Ttjj2gWpoWN
     4Nfd+VGZPH10x9+jh7fcgqq91ms4mTmBSS+vzsczS