internet radio - broadcast without incurring royalty fees

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Oct 25 16:33:54 PDT 2002

    --
James A. Donald:
> > my experience with downloading TV shows suggests that
> > piracy is working better than ever.

Major Variola
> This wasn't piracy, it was time-shifting.

When the ads were deleted, it ceased to be time shifting.

In any case, the point I intended to make was that "Buffy" was
one hundred times bigger than a typical MP3, yet the software
and hardware had no problems.

If the internet can handle one hour tv shows without working up
a sweat, digital convergence is getting real close.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     XYP6QY+S9r3ndihIQTukA67fRiwrn6l5ZpkvrArT
     4M1UwSPjw71Nqox9g8XKDugMA/eyyeDoNJSWRDhBZ