Independent News

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Oct 23 14:20:39 PDT 2002

    --

On 23 Oct 2002 at 11:10, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> The correct patch should be applied to US foreign policy

Don't think we can blame US foreign policy for the Bali
bombing.  Probably relates more to Australian foreign policy
and Singaporean internal policy.

Indonesian muslims were sponsoring terror against Timorese.
Australia let that pass as long as Fretilin was communist, but
when Fretilin swore off communism, Australia intervened,
thereby gaining a vital strategic advantage, in that Timor is
an unsinkable aircraft carrier covering the approaches to
Australia.  This had the effect of rolling back Muslim rule,
something that Bin Laden has told us is a no-no.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     YyO99qL0+xsoa0JPIh9Tbof+WkATG5PpWoiy6s5v
     4BRkFiGmL+8i6uxcMBHxQEfXZE6OccbPl+ouoG1Jy