QuizID?

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Thu Oct 17 11:11:36 PDT 2002

> Branchaud, Marc writes:
>
> Any thoughts on this device?  At first glance, it doesn't seem
> particularly impressive...
>
> http://www.quizid.com/
>
> Lovely idea of two-factor authentication:
>
>    The user then enters their user name (something they know) and the
>    8-digit Quizid passcode (something they have) into the login screen
>    of their application.
>
> BBC NEWS | Technology | Handy future for online security
>
> Excerpt from the BBC article:
>
>    Users are issued with a card and a personal code, based on a set of
>    colour keys on the card. Each time they wish to conduct a secure
>    transaction, they punch in the colour code and a random number is
>    generated.
>
> 		M.

[Note of vested interests: I work on RSA SecurID, which is a
competing product.]

Based on the information at the site, and Quizid's statement
that their hardware is manufactured by ActivCard, I have to
say that this looks an *awful lot* like the ActivCard Keychain
Token, repackaged into a bigger form factor.

Peter Trei

Disclaimer: The above represents only my personal opinion.