QuizID

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Thu Oct 17 07:15:57 PDT 2002

and www.quizid.com

>  A credit-card sized device, which could potentially be issued to
>  thousands of citizens, is being heralded as a major breakthrough in
>  the search for establishing secure identification on the internet.

> Users are issued with a card and a personal code, based on a set of
> colour keys on the card. Each time they wish to conduct a secure
> transaction, they punch in the colour code and a random number is
> generated.

> The card works in conjunction with the Quizid vault - a large
> collection of computers that can process 600 authentications per
> second. The system cost millions of pounds to develop.

(Oooh!  six hundred!  Impressive! :)

I don't see anything on their site about the technology, but I do
question if 4 colored buttons, with a probable pin length of 4-6, is
worth 10-70 pounds per year..For that price you can get securid cards,
which aren't nearly as pretty, but that's nothing Ideo couldn't fix in
a week.

Adam

					               -Hume