One time pads

Sam Ritchie kayakwcc at comcast.net
Wed Oct 16 18:20:37 PDT 2002

    ACTUALLY, quantum computing does more than just halve the effective key
length. With classical computing, the resources required to attack a given
key grow exponentially with key length. (a 128-bit key has 2^128
possibilities, 129 has 2^129, etc. etc. you all know this...)
    With quantum computing, however, the complexity of an attack grows only
polynomially. Hence a MUCH MUCH more agreeable time frame for brute force
attacks. Good stuff, eh?
~SAM