why bother signing?

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Sat Oct 5 06:46:31 PDT 2002

On Saturday 05 October 2002 07:34, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Ben Laurie wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 01:07:50PM -0700, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
> >>But Ben is not spoofed here!
> >
> > He is now.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ben.
>
> I will confirm this as a (detectable) spoof :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

Ah, but how do we know that that wasn't the spoofer "confirming" his own
spoof?

(That's not an entirely joking question. Not enough headers make it
through the mailing list and my ISP for me to tell the difference b
between the two "Ben Laurie" messages cited above.)

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Vote Idiotarian --- it's easier than thinking