Digital signature legislation tutorial posted

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 20 23:34:10 PST 2002

I've recently revamped part 2 of my Godzilla security tutorial, splitting off
the coverage of digital signature legislation and related issues into its own
section.  Part2a, consisting of a total of 79 slides, covers the question of
why we need digital signature legislation, what is a signature, paper
vs.electronic signatures, non-repudiation, trust, and liability, existing
approaches, examples of existing legislation of various types including
advantages and drawbacks, and the Digital Signature Law litmus test (and it
also explains why having a techie comment on legal issues isn't as silly as it
sounds :-).  It's available as part 2a of the Godzilla tutorial at
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/tutorial/index.html.  Comments welcome

Peter.