OPPOSE THE WAR! We are going to ruin Iraq to get the oil. Who 's ne

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 06:26:58 PST 2002

"In school yard politics this edge is normally a weapon
of some sort that can equalize the playing field (guns usually in the US,
try going to an inner city public school for 2 years).  Saddam sees this and
that is what let him to develop those WMD, to equalize against a superior
foe / bully"

A good point from Mr Trei. I'd follow this up by saying that most kids, when
getting that weapon, do not plan on using it, but hope that it's presence
alone will act as a deterrent..."You c-c-can't push me around anymore 'cause
I got THIS..."

At the very least, it changes the nature of the discussion at the bargaining
table (this is precisely what Mao meant by "Diplomacy comes out of the
barrel of a gun".

The problem with Saddam, however, is that he does have a track record of
actually using such weapons, most notably with the Kurds (where he gassed a
few 10s of thousands).

Not a great scenario, no matter how you look at it.