(Being able to) sell votes

Mike Rosing eresrch at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 18 07:46:47 PST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Adam Shostack wrote:

> Ross Perot demonstrated that you can buy your way into an election
> now.  Maybe we should just admit that that's the case.  Could it be
> worse than the unofficially sold elections and gerrymandered districts
> we have now?

I think it's pretty well demonstrated the person with the most money wins.
It would be a good way to build more respect for the dead, that's all :-)
Wouldn't change the outcome of any election, but it might improve the
living standards of those who least vote.  At least for a day or so...

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike