Codetalking in the South Pacific?

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 12:46:57 PST 2002

Oh yeah, another thing I wanted to ask about, before I forget.

It's somewhat well-known that throughout the South pacific, there are "radio
stations" that do nothing but broadcast the real-time reading of number
sequences, but no one seems to know just why. And these number sequences do
not seem to be recordings...every station has a different voice, and the
number sequences never repeat. So it would seem that they are being read in
real time by natives employed at various islands.

Anyone know what the heck those things are? There's actually a 3-CD
collection available of the number broadcasts.