Yodels, new anonymous e-currency

Peter Fairbrother zenadsl6186 at zen.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 13:06:52 PST 2002

Nomen Nescio quoted:

>> The author of Yodel Bank can be reached on IIP under the name yodel on
>> #yodel. He claims to be fully anonymous to the world

Why? What for? It's the customers who need anonymity, not the Bank.

It is now legal in the UK and the EU to issue "private money". You need a
lot to start (euro100k or so) and you need to follow some regulations, but
AFAIK customer anonymity isn't prohibited.

I'm not clear on the details though. Started around the beginning of summer,
sorry no ref's, but an inventive Googler should find something. I think Ben
(Laurie) was interested in doing something along these lines.

-- Peter Fairbrother