disappearing Kavkaz sites?

Paweł Krawczyk kravietz at echelon.pl
Tue Nov 12 05:37:54 PST 2002

Over the last few weeks from terrorist attack in Moscow I've seen Chechen
informational websites disappearing one by one, replaced by standard ISP
"work in progress" or "domain for hire" banners.

All those sites (kavkaz.org, kavkazcenter.com and others) were
the only sources of information about war in Chechnya independent
from Russian propaganda. I can still see some Russian-language sites
(chechenpress.com) working, but for obvious reasons they rarely are useful
for the international community interested in what's going on in Chechnya.

So it seems that Russian FSB is much more effective in censoring
Internet or, in general, controlling the flow of information (all Russian
independent TV and newspapers were shut down too) than any Western law
enforcement or secret service.  Probably because FSB don't care at all
about law, human rights etc. Bad news that the claim that "censoring
Internet is practically impossible" is no longer true.

This is probably the right time for Kavkaz people to move to Freenet...

--
Pawe3 Krawczyk, Kraksw, Poland  http://echelon.pl/kravietz/
horses: http://kabardians.com/