AECWorkForce Professional News (November 8, 2002)

AECWorkForce Professional News AECProfessional at edge.zwa.com
Thu Nov 7 08:59:04 PST 2002

AECWorkForce Professional News

Where great careers in design
and construction are built                http://www.AECWorkForce.com

Friday, November 8, 2002

THIS WEEK
1. JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES - RESIGNING PROFESSIONALLY
2. AEC CAREER TRENDS -  STAYING ON TOP OF THE JOB MARKET
3. CAREER MENTOR - "IS THIS GOING TO BE ON THE TEST?"
4. HOT FIRM - TRANSYSTEMS CORPORATION
5. HOT JOBS - MORE HOT LISTINGS FROM AECWORKFORCE.COM

Questions about your subscription to AECWorkForce Professional News? Check
the end of this message for information.

1. AEC JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES
RESIGNING PROFESSIONALLY
So you've finally decided to quit your lousy job. Here are some tips on
how to keep your professionalism intact during your resignation.
MORE: http://www.aecworkforce.com/magazine/jobsearch/current.htm

2. AEC CAREER TRENDS
STAYING ON TOP OF THE JOB MARKET
Today, more and more qualified, experienced professionals are actively
testing the job market to see what it has to offer-while they're still
employed. Learn why that's not a bad idea.
MORE: http://www.aecworkforce.com/magazine/careers/current.htm

ADVERTISEMENT **********************************************

NEW! A CAREER GUIDE JUST FOR DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION PROS

ONLY $23.95!

Are you looking for a new job in the design and construction field? Then
the AECWorkForce Guide to Finding the Right Job in the Design &
Construction Industry is the perfect resource! From the job search
experts at AECWorkForce.com, this guide is a must-have for any AEC
industry job seeker looking for an edge. To learn more, visit us online at http://www.aecworkforce.com/guide

3. AEC CAREER MENTOR
"IS THIS GOING TO BE ON THE TEST?"
Dear AEC Career Mentor: Recently, I interviewed with a great firm for the
position of  project manager. I have the experience, but they want me to
take a WRITING TEST! I'm bugged-is this the norm?
MORE: http://www.aecworkforce.com/magazine/mentor/current.htm

4. HOT FIRM
TRANSYSTEMS CORPORATION
KANSAS CITY, MO

With 700 employees and 26 offices, TranSystems Corporation has been a
leader in providing nationwide transportation engineering, planning and
architectural services for over 30 years. Their dynamic, entrepreneurial
environment has created engineering opportunities for entry-level and
experienced professionals in their offices throughout the United States.
Learn more about this hot firm by clicking here:
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ShowProfile~_0B212XIA7

5. HOT JOBS

ELECTRICAL ENGINEER : C & I ENGINEERING : LOUISVILLE, KY
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0ST10D9LX

PROJECT ENGINEER : EPOCH ENVIRONMENTAL GROUP LLC : LINO LAKES, MN
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0T00QMQ3U

STRUCTURAL PM / ENGINEER : STRUCTURE STUDIO : MORRISTOWN, NJ
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SV0M2D9R

ENG TECH III : VA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION : COLONIAL HEIGHTS, VA
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SU0TMKRV

TRAFFIC ENG : CALVIN GIORDANO & ASSOCIATES INC : FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SO0UY9WQ

ENGINEERING MANAGER : FACILITY ENGINEERING ASSOCIATES P.C. : HOUSTON, TX
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SR0ZB0CR

INSIDE SALES MANAGER : JACOBS FACILITY INC : ARLINGTON, VA
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SM10F4VD

PE : GEORGE MILES & BUHR ENGINEERS & ARCHITECTS : SALISBURY, MD
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SR0ZOWCB

LEAD CIVIL ENGINEER : ENVIRONMENTAL LIABILITY MANAGEMENT : PRINCETON, NJ
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SY0Y93JY

PROJECT MANAGER : L. ROBERT KIMBALL & ASSOCIATES : ALTOONA, PA
http://www.aecworkforce.com/cgi-bin/wc.dll?Enter~?ViewPosting$_0SU0M8QJ8

Copyright 2002, AECWorkForce

AECWorkForce Professional News is a bi-weekly update on AEC trends, careers,
and job search strategies for professionals in architecture, engineering,
construction, and allied professions.

Please do not reply to this address. Send inquiries to
mailto:info at AECWorkForce.com.

TO OPT OUT: If you received this in error, we apologize. To remove yourself
from future AECWorkForce Professional News mailings, send a blank email
to mailto:leave-aecprofessional-473917S at edge.aecworkforce.com.

TELL A FRIEND: To subscribe to AEC WorkForce Professional News, just send
an email to AECProfessional at edge.AECWorkForce.com with the word SUBSCRIBE
in the body of your message...

Get career ideas and a whole lot more at AECWorkForce.com. It's the
fastest-growing career portal for design and construction professionals.
It's free, it's powerful, it's packed with news and helpful advice,
and lots and lots of jobs!

Start your next search today.

AECWorkForce