Amsterdam loses electricity, lots of internet service

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Wed Nov 6 16:34:27 PST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 04:02:54PM -0800, Bill Stewart wrote:
> Reported on the NANOG list
> > There's been an explosion in a power distribution center in amsterdam,
> over
> > half the city is without power, and, as far as I know, the Nikhef building
> > is competely powerless, Telecity is running on backup generators. Redbus
> > building seems at least partially up, but the link between Telecity and
> > Redbut is dead. Power company is working on the problem, but as yet, its a
> > big mess.
>
> ---
> >> http://www.ams-ix.com/hugegraph.html
> >> That can only be an error, I heard ams-ix got a power outage at the
> moment...
>
> > 80% of Amsterdam is without power, one AMS-IX site is without no-break
> > power for an other few weeks, others are running out of UPS capacity.

   Shit! Holy Shit! What will happen to all those grow rooms? This is an
unparalled disaster.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix

"War is just a racket ... something that is not what it seems to the
majority of people. Only a small group knows what its about. It is
conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the
masses."  --- Major General Smedley Butler, 1933

"Our overriding purpose, from the beginning through to the present
day, has been world domination - that is, to build and maintain the
capacity to coerce everybody else on the planet: nonviolently, if
possible, and violently, if necessary. But the purpose of US foreign
policy of domination is not just to make the rest of the world jump
through hoops; the purpose is to faciliate our exploitation of
resources."
- Ramsey Clark, former US Attorney General
http://www.thesunmagazine.org/bully.html