NAI pulls out the DMCA stick

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Mon May 27 01:06:21 PDT 2002

Curt Smith <objectpascal at yahoo.com> writes:

>1.  How do you create a X.509 signing hierarchy?

Grab whatever crypto software you feel most comfortable with that does X.509
and start cranking out certs.

>2.  Can you add additional algorithms (ie. Twofish)?

Certs are for public-key algorithms, so Twofish would never appear in there
(well, I guess you could certify a Twofish key, but I'm not sure what the point
would be).

>3.  Is a relavent developer reference is available for X.509?

You have to distinguish between the X.509 format and tools to use X.509.  I
assume you're after a manual for the tools, rather than RFC 3280, for the same
reason that most PGP users don't start by reading RFC 2440.  In that case,
refer to the docs for your crypto toolkit.

Peter.