PGP - when you care enough to send the very best!

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Mon May 27 07:48:40 PDT 2002

    --

On 26 May 2002 at 19:24, Morlock Elloi wrote:
> I predict that first attempt to apply this on the
> gnutella/morpheus/kazaa/napster scale will lead to clampdown.
> Which is the reason that no one did it. We don't want osama
> sending orders that way.

Osama Bin Laden can already send orders by PGP, or even S/MIME --
but fortunately he did not, perhaps for lack of comprehension.  No
one is cracking down on PGP or S/MIME.  A few assholes floated
some trial balloons, and spread some stories, but the Bush
administration, while selling out to everyone else, blew that one
off, perhaps figuring that if Bin Laden could not understand the
issue, neither would the critics.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     JRE12TCQDYazxvzqIJSv7a+TSPn3wVDa/nJwgkr2
     41luNgdnx0+kGF4wVVQyY+SpoJcWNsLOAIpXAgeiw