have you got a license for that A to D converter?

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Fri May 24 13:11:56 PDT 2002

At 11:19 AM 5/24/02 -0400, Trei, Peter wrote:
>In the name of protecting their business model, the MPAA
>proposes that every analog/digital (A/D) converter - one of
>the most basic of chips - be required to check for US
>government mandated copyright flags.

Amazing how the fates are turning yesterday's black humor into reality..

At 11:19 AM 5/24/02 -0400, Trei, Peter wrote:
>My mind has been boggled, my flabbers have been ghasted.

Reminds me of some others getting ghabberflasted too:

>I'm apoplectic at the sheer chutzpah.
---Stanton McCandlish (on some other e-atrocity-law/powergrab)

>Ok.  That's pretty much my limit.
---"Black Unicorn" on DCMA bust of Russian reverse engineer of Adobe
tools

And various things others have said about draining the Potomoc swamps...