NAI pulls out the DMCA stick

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Fri May 24 11:17:08 PDT 2002

    --
On 23 May 2002 at 0:24, Lucky Green wrote:
> Tell me about it. PGP, GPG, and all its variants need to die
> before S/MIME will be able to break into the Open Source
> community, thus removing the last, but persistent, block to an
> instant increase in number of potential users of secure email by
> several orders of magnitude.

My impression is that S/MIME sucks big ones, because it commits
one to a certificate system based on verisign or equivalent.

I have been the verisign administrator at several companies, and
there is no way that bird will fly.  The verisign system is just
barely tolerable for identifying authorized web sites and
software.  For identifying individuals, forget it.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     CXACCdVytBDJ5TDVZ2+IV9xP4c3QRpRxP+JoLBdL
     4w44ULlzkb4jKH9nuzpy/Mlxl8CctM+OYZoZEhO8H