NAI pulls out the DMCA stick

Lucky Green shamrock at cypherpunks.to
Thu May 23 00:24:00 PDT 2002

Adam wrote:
> Which is too bad.  If NAI-PGP went away completely, then
> compatability problems would be reduced.  I also expect that
> the German goverment group currently funding GPG would be
> more willing to fund UI work for windows.

Tell me about it. PGP, GPG, and all its variants need to die before
S/MIME will be able to break into the Open Source community, thus
removing the last, but persistent, block to an instant increase in
number of potential users of secure email by several orders of
magnitude.

Here's to hoping,
--Lucky