NAI pulls out the DMCA stick

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Wed May 22 13:42:06 PDT 2002

At 12:43 AM 05/22/2002 -0400, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
>At 11:49 PM -0400 on 5/21/02, Luis Villa wrote, on FoRK:
> > Well, yes, but you seem to be implying some sinister motive that
> > not all of us are reading between the lines clearly enough to see
> > :) I mean, otherwise, this just seems like a fairly garden-variety
> > silly use of the DMCA by a large software company. What am I
> > missing?
>
>Not much.

-----BEGIN PGP UNSIGNED MESSAGE----

NAI is trying to sell off the remains of PGP Inc., and rather than try to
get money for a twisted empty shell of a dot-com-era software company,
they're probably hoping to have a less-empty shell by maximizing the
remaining value of "their" "intellectual property".
So yes, it's in Bob's second category of history. :-)
-----BEGIN PGP UNSIGNED MESSAGE----