TCPA/MS

Dave Howe DaveHowe at gmx.co.uk
Sun Jun 30 11:34:21 PDT 2002

Phil Youngblood posted the following to the securecomp server - thought
it might interest people here, given the recent discussion of M$'s DRM
stuff...
This from the Eula for the latest Windows Media Player patch.

* Digital Rights Management (Security).  You agree that in order to
protect the integrity of content and software protected by digital
rights
management ("Secure Content"), Microsoft may provide security related
updates to the OS Components that will be automatically downloaded onto
your computer.  These security related updates may disable your ability
copy and/or play Secure Content and use other software on your computer.
If we provide such a security update, we will use reasonable efforts to
post notices on a web site explaining the update.