Piracy is wrong

Jay Jay jayh at 1st.net
Sat Jun 29 18:25:49 PDT 2002

From: Anonymous <nobody at remailer.privacy.at>
Date:  Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:16:06 +0200 (CEST)

>When an artist releases a song or some other creative product to the
>world, they typically put some conditions on it.  If you want to listen
>to and enjoy the song, you are obligated to agree to those conditions.
>If you can't accept the conditions, you shouldn't take the creative work.

This assumes the truthfulness of the fundamental premise, that an artist can both share information, and yet control it after it's shared. This is more an artifact of our time than a fundamental moral principle of nature.

Throughout most of human history, information was either secret, or it was public knowledge... no other choices.

Sent via the WebMail system at 1st.net