[IRR] Brin Responds to Re: Brin

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Sat Jun 29 11:13:43 PDT 2002

At 1:49 PM -0400 on 6/29/02, Somebody wrote:

> I am delighted to see that David Brin is becoming even more loony with the
> passing of time, and even more delighted to find you quoting him. What
> else can one do with Brin, but quote him? More than anyone I have ever
> known, he debunks himself, thus saving everyone else the time and trouble
> of doing so. For this, I am extremely grateful. Most loonies are not so
> considerate of other people's time.

:-).

Unfortunately, I couldn't leave well enough alone, I'm afraid.

I haven't gotten flamed in quite a while, but, on the other hand, I haven't
written very much get flamed for, I suppose. As friend Rodney Thayer says,
you're only as good as the people you piss off. Taken in the spirit offered
above, it looks like I've just rattled the bars on the monkey-cage to no
good effect.

Oh, well.

I need to get in the habit of writing again one way or another, even the
word-count *is* in the service of an on-line pissing contest...

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA