"Terror Reading"

Harmon Seaver hseaver at cybershamanix.com
Tue Jun 25 18:35:36 PDT 2002

jayh at 1st.net wrote:
> On 25 Jun 2002 at 19:49, Adam Shostack wrote:
>
>   The USA PATRIOT act forbids a library from talking
>
>>about it.  Thats why point 12 of the recent House Judiciary committee
>>letter to Ashcroft asks about libraries.
>

> hmmmm... does that mean the by declaring that his library does not have than info,
> and thus has not provided info to the feds, is that declaration in itself a violation of
> USA PATRIOT?

    How could the library have the info, it's SOP to *not* keep the
info, as I said. Most libraries wouldn't dare keep the info, if other
librarians found out about it there would be all sorts of nastiness. A
library director of a library that kept that sort of info would be
destroying his own career if he expected to go anywhere else. And I
think cooperating with the feebs would do likewise.
    Nobody really believes the gov't anymore -- Asscruft would be spat
upon if he entered most libraries. I think at this point most educated
people recognize the Un-Patriot act for what it is - the USA Fascist
Manifesto. There's lots of people in libraries who have no doubt at all
that 9/11 was engineered by the CIA to give the military the pretext to
invade Afghanistan and regain control of the opium market. That's what
the "War on Some Terror" is all about, that and another big domestic
power grab by the feebs, just like the "War on Some Drugs."

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix