Movie Physics: "slime-filled bathtubs inside a giant tesla coil"

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 20:12:50 PDT 2002

> objection is not the simulation. We just can't buy the explanation of why
> the computer system bothers to maintain not only the simulation but
> humanity. Supposedly, the computer system needs people as a power source.

As all Matrix cognoscenti know, the machines use humans to extract otherwise
unavailable entropy, randomness which is fed into fusion generators, that would
otherwise get stuck because of the well known "quantum boredom" effect.

It's superficially similar to mass media principles, and there is at least one
PhD thesis that claims that machines use humans for entertainment.

Of course, one cannot expect comprenhension of the above by those still stuck
into geodesic mud.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com