what a scream - answers.google.com - anon ps

Ian Grigg iang at systemics.com
Thu Jun 13 13:16:16 PDT 2002

One of the things that was interesting about writing
my '97 paper on task markets was that this was an
obviously fertile field for real new markets for
information.  In the event, I didn't pursue that
idea beyond writing the code, due to the absence of
a real digital money that was suitably stable.

It was always possible using credit cards, but they
tended to pour sand in the machine, so it required
a real effort to get such an info-market up and going.
Many tried and failed.

Now there is a market, run by our fave search engine,
at http://answers.google.com/ where you can post a
question for some cash.  This has been tried before,
but not to my knowledge by such a large and sustained
player as google.

A little searching around reveals a lack of sections,
but the following prominent question:

   https://answers.google.com/answers/main?cmd=threadview&id=5025

"Anonymous Electronic Cash Payment System Sought" for
the princely sum of $10 :-)

--
iang

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA