Pentagon OSI.

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Jun 12 21:46:04 PDT 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Aimee Farr wrote:

> Great bloodshedding that "never happened" -- due to diplomacy and deception.
> War is the means, not the ends.

No, it's diplomacy by other means. War is only one means, not 'the' means
as this would indicate.

> Americans seem to confuse the two -- a Code Duello Culture.

Well their political leaders do anyway. Not sure if it's consistent to
equate the American people with their leaders.

> The objective is to get the enemy to do our will.

There is usually no single objective. Further, if your goal is anything
other than peaceful co-existance any distinction between you and the enemy
is specious.

> "The enemy" is just an antagonistic interest, not "a country," as we have
>  been conditioned to think.

Specious distinction. The agent pursuing the 'antagonistic interest' is a
country in most cases (at least at the scale you are speaking of).

> That embodies a range of choices, but perception
> management, even if it involves deception, should be preferred to battle.

Yeah, it's called politics.

Stating the obvious again.

              When I die, I would like to be born again as me.

                                            Hugh Hefner
     ravage at ssz.com                                         www.ssz.com
     jchoate at open-forge.org                          www.open-forge.org