Sci Journals, authors, internet

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Mon Jun 10 19:53:05 PDT 2002

On Monday 10 June 2002 22:20, Jim Choate wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Jason Holt wrote:
> > copyright issues?  Why haven't I seen other papers published on
> > usenet and such before going to press?
>
> ???? This is a joke right?
>
> Copyright, they want it as the exclusive distributor which they can't
> do if it's been published somewhere else.

Which is especially impressive since some journals not only wanted the
authors to basically give up their copyright but wanted the authors to
pay for publication.

My experience with scientific journals is more than a few years old. Do
any of youse have personal experience with publishing both several
years ago and recently?

SRF

--
Steve Furlong    Computer Condottiere   Have GNU, Will Travel

Vote Idiotarian --- it's easier than thinking