The Training Letter June 7, 2002 13642

The Training Letter marketing at scnyc.com
Thu Jun 6 17:33:45 PDT 2002

The Training Letter
 	 Getting the Most From
Your Relationship
with a Contingency Search Firm
by Bob Marshall, Recruitment Educator

Like any successful relationship with a consultant, working with a
contingency recruiter will be more productive when each party
understands how the other works.

When choosing a recruiter, look for someone with a proven track record
within your industry. This person will possess qualities such as
intelligence, creativity, honesty, persistence, organizational skills
and a sense of corporate maturity. They should also be good listeners
and have an innate ability to "read" people.
When to call a recruiter?
( click here <http://www.recruiter.com/PM_article_bobmarshall.cfm> )

 	 The Value of Realistic Performance Standards
by Terry Petra

Realistic performance standards provide both management and staff with a
critically important measuring tool. Without this tool, managers cannot
effectively direct and support the efforts of their staff and the staff
cannot effectively manage their time and resources.
( Click here <http://www.recruiter.com/pm_article_041702.cfm> ) for the
formulas

Slump bloopers and blunders of
staffing firms
by Tom Hand
<http://www.recruiter.com/bio_thomashand.cfm>
Slow growth is not a decline in market size. The dollars are still there
and some staffing company, somewhere, is receiving them. Our economy has
endured a "recession" about once a decade for the last two hundred
years. The best firms use old techniques to prosper in a slow growth
scenario. ( click here
<http://www.recruiter.com/ourprofession/ourprofession_story012302.cfm> )

Using your Summer/Vacation recruiting "downtime" wisely
By W.J. Boczany, principal

Generally, candidates and clients are busy with vacation planning and
other distractions and often the hiring process takes a back seat to
these lighter hearted events. Although we all need to share in the
holiday spirit, it is important that we use our holiday down time
wisely. While our access to candidates and clients may be difficult
there still are a lot of things that we can do to prepare for vacation
time.
Here are just a few ( click here
<http://www.recruiter.com/archive_pm_2.cfm> )

To unsubscribe ( click here