Degrees of Freedom vs. Hollywood Control Freaks

Morlock Elloi morlockelloi at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 18:19:06 PDT 2002

> Someone said something earlier about tube/valve amps giving a boost to
> the high end, for older, hearing-damaged rockers. I don't think the
> frequency response has evern been an issue...tube amps are said to have

What's happening with you, Tim ? Your short term memory malfunction gives a
probable reason for search of the compound for THC carriers.

The boosted high-end was mentioned in the context of dolby-recorded tapes
played without dolby circuit on or not present at all.

[and to another troller - music industry became well aware in 90-ties that
their major consumers - teens - do playback dolby tapes without dolby, and got
used to it, which made producers often boost high end in general, even when
dolby became immaterial. It's funny that average spectral characteristics of
music can give away it's age ]

> a "warmer" sound, and to have more odd harmonic distortion than
> transistor amps, but the frequency response of _any_ transistor or tube
> amp is vastly beyond what even high-end speakers and headphones can
> typically deliver.

"Warmer" sound is particularly enhanced if the source is 1/4" Revox.

=====
end
(of original message)

Y-a*h*o-o (yes, they scan for this) spam follows:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com