Degrees of Freedom vs. Hollywood Control Freaks

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Jun 5 18:48:55 PDT 2002

On Wednesday, June 5, 2002, at 05:25  PM, measl at mfn.org wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Jim Choate wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Trei, Peter wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I'm convinced - I guess that's why every single album today is
>>> released on both CD *and* vinyl - can't piss off the tens of millions
>>> of
>>> turntable owners, after all.
>>
>> That's not correct. There are lots of albums (aimed at DJ's for
>> example)
>> that are -NEVER- available except on vinyl.
>
> Ok, somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't they officially
> cease
> production of vinyl pressings several years ago?  As in *all* vinyl
> pressings???

Yes, They did. They decided that They would press no more vinyl and that
They would Others to conform to Their wishes.

Sadly, not all persons have conformed to Their orders. Vinyl pressings
are still being made! The Horror.

(BTW, who the fuck is "They"?)

--Tim May
"Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid.  But
stupidity is the only universal crime;  the sentence is death, there is
no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."
--Robert A. Heinlein