Challenge to David Wagner on TCPA

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Jul 31 13:24:32 PDT 2002

    --
29 Jul 2002 at 15:35, AARG! Anonymous wrote:
> > > both Palladium and TCPA deny that they are designed to
> > > restrict what applications you run.

James A. Donald:

 On 31 Jul 2002 at 16:10, Nicko van Someren wrote:
> And all kitchen knives are murder weapons.

No problem if I also have a kitchen knife.

TCPA and Palladium give someone else super root privileges on my
machine, and TAKE THOSE PRIVILEGES AWAY FROM ME.  All claims that
they will not do this are not claims that they will not do this,
but are merely claims that the possessor of super root privilege
on my machine is going to be a very very nice guy, unlike my
wickedly piratical and incompetently trojan horse running self.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     XQHdtzqDInBFsDcorfDvqJYRHTRhEBsM9eMJIH+w
     2+o4WjsTSV8RDUO7k3c71T9v9JQKwZGZC54BqW6DQ