Challenge to David Wagner on TCPA

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Wed Jul 31 08:35:34 PDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, James A. Donald wrote:

>     --
>

> On 29 Jul 2002 at 15:35, AARG! Anonymous wrote:
> > both Palladium and TCPA deny that they are designed to restrict
> > what applications you run.  The TPM FAQ at
> > http://www.trustedcomputing.org/docs/TPM_QA_071802.pdf reads
>
> They deny that intent, but physically they have that capability.
>
>     --digsig
>          James A. Donald

If they do not restrict what programs I may run, then presumably, under
TCPA, I might run a cracking program on an encrypted file I obtained via
TCPA handshake+transmissal?

The claims that TCPA, Palladium, etc. do not give root to the Englobulators
is, on its face, ridiculous.  Their main design criterion is to do so.

oo--JS.