crime control before it happens: thought control

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Mon Jul 29 08:42:01 PDT 2002

She even conceives of developing algorithms so advanced that society
 might intervene, to get people liable to be recruited into cells back
on track
before they can be seduced by elements like Al Qaeda. "There is a
possibility that with sufficient information about known terrorists we
could
evolve to the point where we could spot terrorists in the making," she
argues. "We believe that individuals can be at risk of becoming drug
addicts, or joining gangs, or having affairs, or any number of things at

certain times and under certain conditions in their lives. . . .
Thorough and
continued algorithmic investigation of terrorist behavior is very likely
shed light on their origins, and possibly lead to proactive efforts."

http://villagevoice.com/issues/0230/baard.php