385-3 vote: House OKs life sentences for hackers

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Jul 18 16:00:15 PDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Michael Motyka wrote:

> Explain to me how a computer hacker is more dangerous than a drunk
> driver on the freeway? A hacker who interrupts power could be said to
> put hundreds or thousands of lives at risk but so could a drunk driver
> who spends an hour on the freeway. One is parallel the other is more or
> less serial, so what?

Not necessarily, the driver could hit a telephone pole. Or drive a truck
laden with toxic chemicals off the road on top of a bridge upstream from a
water intake...

It's politicing at the expense of the nation.

              When I die, I would like to be born again as me.

                                            Hugh Hefner
     ravage at ssz.com                                         www.ssz.com
     jchoate at open-forge.org                          www.open-forge.org