Another restriction on technology - cell and cordless scanning now a felony

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Thu Jul 18 08:17:43 PDT 2002

On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 08:00  AM, cubic-dog wrote:

> How is this legal?
>
> How is it legal to outlaw reception of radio
> transmissions under the FCC act of 1934?
>
> I have never understood this. I keep expecting at
> some point, someone will somehow come up with a
> good reason to take a monitoring claim to the
> US supreme court and get all these laws tossed
> aside. But I guess I am expecting too much.

I thought everyone knew that the U.S. Constitution was secretly
suspended by the Emergency Secrecy Order of 1862, with the suspension
renewed and expanded by the Double Secret Emergency Order of 1913,
establishing the Federal Reserve and imposing personal income reporting
orders. And in the 1930s the Communists in power imposed more secret
orders than I can hope to list. One of these was the That Which Cannot
be Written Down secret order on radio and newspaper distribution.

Since then, both fascist and communist regimes have expanded the list of
secret orders.

The fact that many regulations contradict each other is seen a a feature
rather than as a bug.

--Tim May
"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty,
my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists."  --John Ashcroft,
U.S. Attorney General