Another restriction on technology - cell and cordless scanning now felony

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer nobody at cypherpunks.to
Tue Jul 16 18:52:04 PDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:15:31 -0400, you wrote:
> 	Thus the legal climate has fundamentally changed, and one can
> assume that since the Bush administration has been pushing for the
> passage of this bill that they perhaps intend to start prosecuting at
> least some category of radio  under the new provisions - no
> doubt as an example meant to scare the rest of us into handing our
> radios in at the nearest police station...

Shouldn't we turn in our guns first? Or is it our books? Maybe it would be smart to get rid of any
compilers, don't you think?

We have a national secret police now that no longer has to start with a crime and then find a
criminal, rather they can start with a person and find a way to classify him a criminal. Radio
frequencies just give them one more way to put a person in jail for five years. It is actually
nice of them to not just suspend habeas corpus universally.