SoftCoin Secures Funding to Accelerate Success in Precision Marketing

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Mon Jul 15 18:45:09 PDT 2002

http://www.softcoin.com/softcoin/consumers/pageDisplay.jhtml?sid=1&PageId=198

SoftCoin Secures Funding to Accelerate Success in Precision Marketing
Also Announces Addition of Veteran Sales and Corporate Strategy Executives

San Francisco, April 23, 2002 -- SoftCoin, Inc., leading provider of
advanced web marketing, loyalty and promotions technology announced today
the completion of its third round of equity financing. The round, led by
Greylock Partners, provides SoftCoin the necessary funds to continue its
aggressive growth in a market where it has shown early dominance. Other
investors include New York-based RRE Ventures, and previous investors Nokia
Venture Partners, Red Rock Ventures, Draper International and Angel
Investors LP.

"SoftCoin has demonstrated through its results for major Fortune 500 brands
that it has the expertise and technology to be a leading player in Internet
marketing applications. Its precision marketing platform's impact on
marketing intelligence, unit volume, and profits provides significant value
to these companies in a turnkey solution," said David Sze, general partner
at Greylock.

"Being the corporate-focused venture institution that we are, we understand
the marketing technology needs and opportunities of Fortune 500 companies;
we believe SoftCoin provides a solution that is right on target, " said
James D. Robinson III, general partner and founder in RRE Ventures.

"We are planning to leverage the extensive experience and network of the
high-caliber group of investors we are bringing to our team in this round,"
said Patrick Soheili, chief executive officer of SoftCoin. "SoftCoin has
established the pace in the marketing technology industry - the funds from
this round will go towards scaling our operations to remain at the
forefront of the industry."

Veteran Executives added to Management Team
Concurrent with this round of investment, the company also announced the
strengthening of its global management team with the addition of John
Stacey as vice president of sales and business development, and Stan Roach
as vice president of corporate strategy. John brings over twenty years of
general management experience with expertise in marketing and selling
products ranging from technology to consumer brands. John's career includes
marketing experience at The Procter & Gamble Company, and executive
positions at IBM, The Learning Company and Metaphor. Stan also comes to
SoftCoin with over twenty years of marketing and general management
experience in the consumer goods and high technology sectors. His
experience includes The Procter & Gamble Company, Accolade/Infograms, Sony
ImageSoft, Activision, and Electronic Arts.

"We are extremely pleased to have attracted John and Stan to our team. They
bring a wealth of experience consumer products, SoftCoin's primary focus
to-date, as well as other industry verticals we are expanding into," said
Patrick Soheili.

SoftCoin proprietary precision marketing technology powers marketing
programs such as promotions, continuity and loyalty initiatives. Using
SoftCoin's platform, brands seamlessly connect their offline and online
marketing efforts with a comprehensive suite of tools to develop and
deliver customized web-powered marketing programs with unparalleled ease,
flexibility, efficiency and speed. The Precision Marketing platform also
provides marketing executives with vehicles to stimulate loyalty, give
consumers valuable rewards, conduct research, and establish direct
interaction mechanisms with their most valuable consumers.

About SoftCoin
SoftCoin, Inc., is the leading provider of advanced web marketing and
promotions technology. With a comprehensive suite of promotion
applications, reward engines and CRM tools, the SoftCoin platform empowers
brands to develop and deliver compelling, customized web-powered marketing
programs. SoftCoin technology has powered promotions for multiple brands at
major Fortune 500 companies including Dole Food Company, Inc., Compaq
Computer, Nokia Mobile Phones, Frito-Lay Corporation, Nestli SA, McDonald's
Corporation, The Procter & Gamble Company, The Quaker Oats Company, H. J.
Heinz Company and Eastman Kodak Company, among others. SoftCoin partners
include leading retailers and premier marketing companies. SoftCoin is a
venture-backed, privately held company, with offices in the San Francisco
Bay Area, Chicago and Connecticut.

Home . Security & Privacy . Terms & Conditions . Copyrights & Trademarks

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA