Fwd: Re: Quantum Computing Puts Encrypted Messages at Risk (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sun Jul 14 07:40:13 PDT 2002

Random photons in optical systems are easy to get at hight speed, a flame.

BEC's also have the capability to make some significant breaks in the
security of optical encryption. For example, one can trap a photon in a
BEC, measure it's parameters at one of the BEC-component atoms, then
re-emit the photon without changing its state (the trick is we are
measuring a part of the photon not the entire photon, and the photon is
standing still - frozen in time).

              When I die, I would like to be born again as me.

                                            Hugh Hefner
     ravage at ssz.com                                         www.ssz.com
     jchoate at open-forge.org                          www.open-forge.org