Finding encrytion algorithm

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sat Jul 13 10:29:00 PDT 2002

A RNG is a character or string generator whose generation algorithm
prevents prediction of the next output if one knows all the previous
outputs and the algorithm. In other words if you know everything there is
to know about the generator your odds of predicting the next output state
are even - pure luck - 'Fair'.

A PRNG is one that fails the RNG test.

Read Knuth, you should also check out,

Exploring Randomness
G.J. Chaitin
ISBN 1-85233-417-7

Has some interesting insite on randomness, some of his propositions are
not exactly same old same old. Interesting read.

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, gfgs pedo wrote:

> hi,
>
> eer..I think we need a defenition of an Rng & Prng
> that every 1 should agree on.
>
> would this help?
>
> RNG & PRNG
> ----------------
>
> 1:>A RNG has an infinite period where as a PRNG has a
> defenite period after which the sequence will repeat.
> Atmospheric noise,Radiation decay are examples of
> RNG's.(Difference)
>
> 2:>An RNG & PRNG should pass a series of radomness
> tests. (Similarity)
>
> 3:>For the same set of input parameters,a RNG always
> give a different output.
> A PRNG always gives the same set of outputs for the
> same input parameters (Difference)
>

> would any 1 also like 2 review
>
> http://www.ircsuper.net/~neo/prng.html
> thanx.
>
> Regards Data.

              When I die, I would like to be born again as me.

                                            Hugh Hefner
     ravage at ssz.com                                         www.ssz.com
     jchoate at open-forge.org                          www.open-forge.org