Rant: The U.S. facing the largest financial collapse ever

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Thu Jul 11 14:43:56 PDT 2002

(Regarding SS and other USG liabilities)

At 02:25 PM 7/11/2002 -0400, Steve Furlong wrote:
>I hope not. Addressing only the SS issue and not other USG debt, I'm
attempting to organize a nation-wide grassroots movement. On a
to-be-announced "F-day", every member of the movement will kill a
designated old fart, one who has long since taken back out of SS
anything s/he put into the system and is now subsisting solely on SS
checks and other welfare. Bonus points for killing an old fart who has
taken much more out of the system than he put in and yet was loudly
agitating for an increase in benefits to help "the greatest generation,
who gave so much for their country". Old farts who are still working or
who are living on saved assets are exempt.

Wrong target.  Suggest you rename it "L-day" for federal Legislator Day.

Members should consider themselves patriots in the true sense.  Since not many citizens are so ideological, I suggest a voluntary redistribution of wealth from the ideological to the families of those patriots who take up the challenge.  Likely participants may be those who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness and have not been economically fortunate (or wasteful enough) to leave their families a meaningful inheretance.

The sooner the redistribution stops the sooner the economic health of the nation will improve.

Loading up the nation with debt and leaving it for the following generations to pay is morally irresponsible. Excessive debt is a means by which governments oppress the people and waste their substance. No nation has a right to contract debt for periods longer than the majority contracting it can expect to live.

"I sincerely believe... that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816. ME 15:23

Communicate in total privacy.