"to outlaw general purpose computers"

A.Melon juicy at melontraffickers.com
Wed Jul 10 13:30:15 PDT 2002

On 10 July 2002, Bill Stewart <bill.stewart at pobox.com> wrote:
> If your box can support current PC100 / PC133 SIMMs, you can probably
> upgrade it with enough memory to run the newer applications ok, but
> the generation of machines with Fast Page Mode 72-pin memory tends to
> be limited to 32MB or sometimes less, and 386s tend to be 8MB.

It's so difficult for the layperson to find affordable replacements for
those older machines, unfortunately.

I was running X11 on a 386DX40 with 5MB of RAM for quite a while.  It
was slower than a dog with no legs.  Eventually I had some SIMMs go bad,
and they were too expensive to replace, so I ended up investing in a
newer computer instead.

Mr Anonymous