Correction to cryptome.org

John DeTreville johndetr at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 8 17:07:45 PDT 2002

Are you a good contact person for the information on the Microsoft
DRM patent (6,330,670) on cryptome.org?

The pages linked from http://cryptome.org/ms-drm-os.htm say that
the authors of this patent (England, DeTreville, and Lampson) were
identified by Newsweek as Palladium programmers.

I can reliably state that I (DeTreville) am not a Palladium programmer,
and neither is Butler Lampson.

I believe that the Newsweek article was referring to a different patent.
I'm sure that the Palladium participants jointly hold a significant number
of important patents in the field of computer security.

Cheers,

John

-----

John's message has been added to the file at:

  http://cryptome.org/ms-drm-os.htm