Artists

Marcel Popescu mdpopescu at subdimension.com
Sun Jul 7 08:06:27 PDT 2002

Regarding our recent thread on copyrights and artists who won't create
anymore if they're not getting paid, has anyone ever played with the WinAmp
plug-ins? Some of them are amazingly beautiful.

Now, are they upset that people copy them? On the contrary - some of them
are accused of creating bogus accounts to boost the reputation of their
plug-ins, or lower that of their best competitors. So much for "we won't
create if we aren't paid" - and, again, I'm not talking Britney Spears or
Picasso here, I'm talking beauty.

Mark