[OT] why was private gold ownership made illegal in the US?

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Jul 2 20:28:54 PDT 2002

At 2:36 AM +0200 on 7/3/02, Our Paleo-Keynsian Idiot from Austria wrote:

> Looking back, since there was, in fact, no revolution, it is easy to
> forget today how perilous the state of the country was in those times.
> For all those who curse Roosevelt's name, the U.S. at least ended up
> the decade in better shape than many countries, and things could have
> been far worse.  Americans could be living in a People's Republic today.
> Confiscating gold was clearly the lesser of the evils.

Jesus Christ.

Quit humping FDR's leg, already. Not only could the man not feel it, he's
dead already.

Besides, that's Falla's job, and, like little men, you don't *ever* want to
get a little dog pissed off.

Go clean yourself off, man. There's hose out back...

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA